August 24, 1992
Dear Mr. Brown,
Appreciation for scheduling the technical visit Thank you for
allowing us to visit to ABC Corporation. Dr. Chang, Mr. Lin and myself would like to thank
you in advance for meeting us at the Novotel (Europa BLVD 10, NL-1083 AD, Tel: 20-54111-23)
at 9:00 on August 28.
As stated in our fax dated July 29, we would like to visit your LBR test unit and the ABC Treatment
Plant-Apeldoorn, as well as discuss the details of our cooperative agreement.
Specific questions so that their company can prepare in advance
We thought that it would be a good idea to pose the following questions before the August 28
discussion, to allow you time to prepare your responses:
1. Since it is quite expensive, in Taiwan, to drill a 1225m deephole in Taiwan, would it be possible
to instead drill a 600m deephole with an additional pressure of 60 Kg/cm on the ground surface to
meet the 1225m vertical pressure?
2. The periodic operation for ABC Treatment Systems takes approximately 168/hrs per week
(143 hrs for operation, 25 hrs for start-up, maintenance and clean-up). Can the operation period
be extended? If not, is a batch operation performed each week?
3. The operating pressure of the ABC Treatment System ranges from 1250-1617 psi. We wonder
how the operating pressure is determined?
4. What is the oxygen content of the discharged gas after treatment? Is this amount of oxygen worth
recovering? What is the temperature of the steam generated by the cooling water or the heat
exchanger? Is it worth recovering the heat?
5. Could ABC provide more detailed information on cost analysis for our plant's future reference?
6. Was geology a concern when ABC designed the ABC Treatment System?
7. Because of the small piping and valving on the LBR, samples containing solids must be macerated
and sieved to produce a particle size less than 0.32cm. How did you achieve that and how did
you measure particle sizes less than 0.32 cm?
8. The ABC Treatment Plant generates 2280 tons of dried sludge per year. What is the water content
of this dried sludge? What is the total daily sludge yield from the ABC Treatment Systems?
I hope that these questions will give you a clearer idea of some of the topics we hope to cover during
the upcoming visit. I am looking forward to meeting you on August 28.